Ellen is an in-network, Preferred Provider for the following Health Insurance companies in Washington State:
- Regence FEP
- Regence Blue Shield WA
- Lifewise of Washington
- First Choice Health Plan
- Kaiser Foundation
- Premera Blue Cross*
- and others
Approved Labor & Industry clients are accepted. Also PIP (personal injury protection; an option for motor vehicle insurance).
A copy of your prescription for massage is required. You may either bring it with you or you may have the doctor's office fax it to our office (360.821.9368 voice/fax).
It is a clients' responsibility to be informed about their insurance policies' massage coverage, such as:
- the number of massages/acupuncture/alternative healthcare which they are allowed during a calendar year;
- the co-pay amount, if any;
- whether the annual deductible has been met
- provide a prescription for massage, which needs to include the following information:
- Diagnosis code from the physician
- Frequency of massages (# per week/per month)
- Duration of treatment (weeks, months) which should be no longer than approx. 6 months
- Expiration date (end of treatment).
* Premera Blue Cross and other companies require pre-authorization for massage therapy after the first massage appointment, for coverage of this and approval of future visits for massage. The prescription which your doctor has written for massage will be considered by your insurance company, although the number of and/or frequency of prescribed massages may change.